Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome--Any Indication of Its Future
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jan 22 10:36:56 2006

Martin,
I say this regrettfully as a dedicated film user, but use a Canon or Nikon
DSLR.  Even at ISO's over 1600 you will get some fabulous images with little
grain and very nice shadow detail(more with the Canon at 3200).  If archival
digital storage is not you cup of tea, you can have the digital files output
back onto film.

With that said, current Fuji emulsions for sure and probably Kodak's E-6
emulsions have a life in excess of 100 years with decent storage.  If any of
our work is still wanted in 100 years then someone else can figure out how
to store it.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com