Subject: [Leica] no film in a decade
From: cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran)
Date: Sat Jan 21 20:12:48 2006

Commenting on the same quote by B and my previous post, even though
video projection is sharp, steady and scratchless it does not compare
to a clean film projection. The colors and highlights are much superior
in film.
Here in PR the main theater chain is unwilling to go digital for one
reason, it is too expensive to make the switch. I do not know the
current price for a JVC projector, when I saw it at NAB a few years ago
it was somewhere around $350,000 per unit. Now imagine a multiplex with
20 rooms... And still the average Joe would not see the difference.
 From a production standpoint I beleive that your average drama or
comedy movie made or television can benefit from shooting in video at
24p.

peace

David