Subject: Was RE: [Leica] DSLR choice - now Zeiss-Ikon
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Sat Jan 21 16:52:22 2006

Hi Bill,

Where are you finding that the R9 has magnesium? The Leica website makes no
mention of it in the R9:

http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/rsystem/r9/tecdat/index_e.html

This is what's there:

Material: The top cover is a zinc die-casting, lacquered in black or in
anthracite. The inner housing is made of aluminum, firmly attached to the
aluminum tripod plate. The baseplate is made of fiberglass-reinforced
polycarbonate that incorporates an aluminum tripod plate.