Subject: Was RE: [Leica] DSLR choice - now Zeiss-Ikon
From: billgem at hotmail.com (Bill Marshall)
Date: Sat Jan 21 09:26:20 2006

Seth,

I also have read what is on the Leica website in the product description
sections. And I underwent considerable confusion when I found numerous other
references to magnesium as the primary reason for the lighter weight of the
R9 vs. the R8. However, I found that there had been considerable discussion
on internet forums of this apparently contradictory information back in 2002
-03 when the R9 first came out. Please check the link from the Leica website
I have listed below to verify the fact that the topcover is in fact
magnesium. I think that the other description which you referenced was a
carryover from the R8 that was never caught by an editor & which Leica has
never corrected.

www.leicacamera.com/unterneheim/presse/data/02965/index_e.html

Best regards,
Bill