Subject: Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Jan 16 16:41:16 2006

I think I know what you mean. When I shoot digital I'm more worried
about losing highlight detail, so I underexpose. The shadows look dark,
but can be pulled out in PS. It's almost magical how they can just
appear.

I take the opposite approach when shooting bw film. I expose for the
shadows. But I can't just tweak the highlights by adjusting a slider. I
have to adjust development.

DaveR