Subject: [Leica] Re: Quality/size ratio and digital
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jan 16 15:15:45 2006

Scott and Emmanuel,
Most people understand the trade-off they are making.  The price quality
curve gets very steep very fast.  In film you can buy a used QL-17 for about
a hundred bucks.  An M6 in decent condition goes for about 1200.  Those of
us who own Leica's are toward the edge of the financial curve or are
somewhat crazed and have very shifted priorites.

Take wine, you would think that someone would prefer a nice $20 something
bottle of Boudeaux stored for five or six years until it is just getting
interesting.  Nope, let me have that bottle of $9 something red wine.  Or
take the speaker Apple sells for their I-pods when you want to listen to
music a home.  The Bose are about $50 more than the cheap and nasty ones but
the cheap and nasty outsell by 10 or 20 to one.

Only when something is near and dear will people pay for the better quality.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com