Subject: [Leica] Digital storage etc.
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Jan 14 09:54:15 2006

Nathan Wajsman writes in part:

> Not wishing to pick a fight--everyone has different experiences. I
> merely note that nobody in my family, nor in my wife's family, nor in
> any of the families I know, keep their negatives--unless they have
> photography as a serious hobby, but then we are talking casual
> snapshooters.

Hi Nathan,

I certainly didn't think we were fighting(?). But quite the reverse is true
here. More print film was shot than slides by my parents and they owned a
kodak projector and shot slides as well.

Slides of vacations on the lake. Lots of slides of local parades, etc. They
did not own a movie camera, so no moving picture film. But some of the
parents of neighbour friends of my youth have kept their movies as well.

I mentioned to Adam in another post that I think the previous generation to
my parents here don't have negs. but have their prints as most people didn't
own a 35mm or other format camera prior to WWII.

I am referring to snaps shooters.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Digital storage etc.)