Subject: [Leica] OT: Hasselbald XPAN II
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jan 14 01:18:55 2006

I am sure you are right Tina. In fact the quality of digital made me
realise there was a lot more to lens performance than just
resolution. In pure resolution terms slow B&W film has more potential
than even the latest digital but prints from even my first 3.3
megapixel canon D30 looked as good as prints from film up to A4, so
it clearly was not only sharpness which was impressing.
What I miss about using the M Leica is the light weight simple,
controls which I know so well, feel and size.
I will never go back either.
Frank