Subject: [Leica] OT: Hasselbald XPAN II
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Jan 13 18:01:47 2006

At 01:12 PM 1/13/2006, you wrote:
>So, yes, I think that the 95-99 percent market penetration of digital
>cameras is largely a function of herd mentality.
>
>Don

Don - This is definitely not true of the professional photographers
that I know.  Every single one has switched to digital for practical
and esthetic reasons.  The quality is equal to or better than 35mm
film.  The flexibility of digital is much greater.  The freedom to
experiment without worrying about wasting film is wonderful.  The
immediacy of seeing what you have photographed is invaluable.  I
don't regard my digital files as any less permanent than the slides
hanging in my filing cabinets.  The ability to send digital files by
e-mail or ftp instead of making dupes and sending them through the
mail has revolutionized the way that photographers do business.

I would never go back.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com