Subject: [Leica] Oregon Coast pictures
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Wed Jan 11 20:28:09 2006

Greetings folks,

My beautiful bride and I recently returned from visiting the Oregon Coast
for the New Years weekend, and the slides are now back from the processor.

We had the dubious pleasure of storm watching, which is fun and interesting
for a day or so, but soon leads to cabin fever and an urge to figure out if
it's worth trying to take pictures in a storm!  We did get to add a few new
images to our collection, as we visited a few lighthouses we hadn't seen
before, and discovered the covered bridges of Oregon.

For those interested: Oregon has 9 light houses and a light ship.  While we
have seen all but Cape Blanco, but I'm not happy with my images of them yet,
which gives me an excuse to keep going back for more.  I would like to get
out to Tillamook Rock one day too, but that takes a boat ride.

HYPERLINK HYPERLINK
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Cape_Maeres_Lighthouse

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Cape_Maeres_Lighthouse_Detail
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Cape_Maeres_Lighthouse_Detail

HYPERLINK HYPERLINK
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Haceta_Head_Lighthouse
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Haceta_Head_Lighthouse

The other cool thing we discovered this time is that the State of Oregon has
50 covered bridges, noted on their Dept. of Transportation web site.  These
are wonderful old bridges, each with character of it's own, and worth
visiting.  Not the same as Monroe bagging, but it will do.

We have since discovered that Washington has some 24 Lighthouses, and a few
covered bridges of it's own too, so the potential for weekend outings and
photo subjects has just expanded enough for a few more summers worth of
local area work!  It's turning out to be a wonderful interest for both of
us, she to visit and me to photograph.

HYPERLINK HYPERLINK
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Drift_Creek_Bridge

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Fisher_Bridge_1927
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Fisher_Bridge_1927

HYPERLINK HYPERLINK
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Cannon_Beach_Oregon
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Oregon-Coast/Cannon_Beach_Oregon

I guess in this way we are re-affirming that there is a lot to photograph in
your own backyard, you just have to look and see.

Techno-babble:  All images using an M6 with a 24/35/50 or 90mm Lens as
needed, on Astia 100F, no filters.
Scanned then post-processed in PS for levels/contrast, color correction if
needed and minor USM to fix scanner softening.

Comments and suggestions always appreciated.

Best of light,
Norm