Subject: [Leica] re: fins and treadmills
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Wed Jan 18 21:42:43 2006

Greetings -

If I may chime in on a discussion that isn't mine to start with  - I must
protest this!

George, B.D. and others are obviously enamored of the digital media, and as
professionals they
have every right to be, this is a bread-and-butter issue o them and should
be appreciated as such.

For those of us who use Leica cameras because we love photography with that
chosen tool-
set to accomplish this form of expression, the digital revolution is just a
PITA or, at best, a side
line distraction.

Many of us, say 75% or more of the 900+ members of this mailing group, are
interested in
Leica and all things Leica, particularly making images with a Leica, which
usually, but not always,
means film.

While my submissions are few in number, they are Leica camera and film based
images, and
I figured those few meager submissions were appropriate to this group.  In
addition, and
by way of acknowledging the craftsmanship among us, I have also seen and
learned much
from the other Leica users among us.  Those images have taught me more about
using my
Leica cameras.  For that I am extremely grateful.

I have to admit that in the last year I have learned more about Canon
cameras than I care to, and
seen less about Leica and the use there-of than I care to, but I readily
admit that you're not here to
amuse me with your Leica knowledge, nor are you obligated to teach me
anything useful.

I guess I'll just keep filtering out the OT topics, and keep looking for the
gems of Leica and photography
related information that some of you have graciously shared, while not
begrudging the other stuff
that one must wade through as the price of admission to this august
gathering.

Best of light,
Norm

Message: 24