Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG Digest, Vol 31, Issue 104
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Tue Jan 3 17:57:32 2006

 B.D. -

I usually refrain from commenting on your work, because I am a "fern and
rocks" photographer as Ted puts it, however I must say that image number 8
of 11, the Surf Caster, is one of the most exciting and beautiful images I
have seen in a while.  It is wonderfully evocative, and a wonderful use of
black and white to simplify the image to essential basics.  The dramatic sky
accentuates his aloneness, amplifying the empty beach around him, and the
expanse of ocean before him.   The photograph stimulates my imagination to
think of many possible stories; it's very powerful and open-ended.
Wonderful!

Thanks for making and sharing such a wonderful image!

Best of light,
Norm