Subject: [Leica] Re:Is there anyone out there using/interested in LTM?
From: zoeica1 at yahoo.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Wed Jan 11 14:03:04 2006

Well, hell yeah!

  I just got 2 50mm LTM lenses back from Focal Point so I have been playing
with those. Right now I've been using a IIf BD and uncoated 50/3.5 Elmar.
And of course for protection, always wear your hood!

  Funny story, I turned in a DVD of 800 images from a recent wedding to get
proofs. I was carrying the IIf with me. "You shoot weddings with that?" was
the question I got. "Of course silly boy, what else would I use?"

  I photographed a wedding in NY on New Year's Eve using BW film 75% of the
time. The clients wanted the "old hollywood" style look. I tell you it was
nice to only carry 2 M6's and lenses most of the time. 3 bulky dSLRs can get
too much sometimes. I got the film professionally scanned and the images
look great!

  Back to the Leica D2h this weekend though :(

  Alex, we're thinking of a 2007 Ireland trip.

  Chris Williams
  Now "TAMPA!!!"

Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie> wrote:
  Hi folks.

I log in and out of the LUG periodically. Sometimes it seems to be
more or less OT, sometimes not.

My question is whether anyone out there is really using/interested in
LTM cameras/lenses. They may be old, but that's where the whole 35mm
thing started.

Best
Alex

--
Alex & Carmel Hurst
Waterfall

Yahoo! Photos
 Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands
ASAP.

Replies: Reply from corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst) ([Leica] Re:Is there anyone out there using/interested in LTM?)