Subject: [Leica] Re:Is there anyone out there using/interested in LTM?
From: zoeica1 at yahoo.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Wed Jan 11 14:52:04 2006

I would not be surprised if companies like Canon and Nikon cease some P&S
digitals, they are making a killing on sDLRs, while P&S's bring in little
$$$. Olympus and Monica seem to be heading that way.

  Nikon's F6 did very well in Japan so I'm sure that camera will be around
as long as there are orders for it.

  As far as the Summarex goes, keep rubbing it in that you have one Alex.
One of these days I'll find a Thambar and get one up on ya. :)

  Chris

Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie> wrote:

Well, that's reassuring. Judging from the reaction to my somewhat
obscure post on an expensive but interesting Leitz v/f for an
expensive but interesting 85mm Summarex lens, I could have sworn this
was a dialogue of the deaf.

To put things in perspective, Nikon have just announced (more or
less) that they're pulling out of film.. See:

http://www.nikon.co.uk/press_room/releases/show.aspx?rid=201

Given that they've been so successful at digital, one wonders
whether, in the case of Leica, it's 'too little, too late.'.

Best

Alex.
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst
Waterfall

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.