Subject: [Leica] Bought a Couple of Russian Jupiter LTM Lenses
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Jan 8 20:45:06 2006

> Greg,
> Most people seem to get good results from the Jupiter 8 and 12.
> Assumingthey weren't built after the vodka break I believe you
> will be pleasantly surprised.  Results should be as good as the
> first generation Summicron for the 50 with much less flare.
> The Jupitor 12 will give you some surprisinglygood results,
> at least my 35 Biogon does.  By modern standards less contrast
> but not much light fall off and no distortion to speak of.

Hi Don,

I figure the biggest risk is going to be the lenses arriving here at all via
the Russian Post then Canada Post (heavily staffed by the Living Dead). I
also remember reading somewhere that some of the Russian made lenses just
won't focus properly with LTM cameras. I'm thinking I either have to buy
another lens or use it as a paper weight if this turns out to be the case. I
do use an early Summicron and a lens hood is an absolute must when using
this lens in the direction of a strong light source.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Bought a Couple of Russian Jupiter LTM Lenses)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Bought a Couple of Russian Jupiter LTM Lenses)