Subject: [Leica] still more on Leica "rumor" and NYT
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jan 4 13:33:25 2006

B.D.

C'mon B.D. Just because someone isn't a reporter, or an expert in
journalistic standards (which BTW are not codified), and may not have
written published articles, it doesn't mean they aren't entitled to
point out that there are things a major new organization could have and
should have done to get a story of national interest right?

Whether or not Craig meets the above criteria, I don't' know. But I
think he made some good points. I don't buy that "everyone else got it
wrong because..<insert reason>...and therefore it's understandable that
so did the NYT."

To me that lowers the NYT to a follower not a leader. Who then should we
look to for setting the higher standards in journalism?

DaveR