Subject: [Leica] still more on Leica "rumor" and NYT
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jan 4 13:06:48 2006

Chris,

>> Spreading rumors and miscommunication versus factual, substantiated
reporting.<<

Not to change the subject. But I hear that Canon is going to buy Leica.

I happen to agree with you about gross misstatement of fact, regardless
of the source. Yes, there are countless reasons why it happens. Its not
a perfect world. But what's to stop it from happening again if we just
sweep it under the rug. Truth in reporting is as much about hard work as
it is about ethics.

DaveR