Subject: [Leica] Nikon mount Zeiss lenses?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Dec 20 14:12:08 2005

This morning I was using the 560 f/6.8 with 1.4x APO-Extender; camera bodies
were R8 (standard screen) R4 (grid R screen) and SL.  As most of us know the
SL's viewscreen is unique, with its coarse central microprism and fine
microprism over the rest of the screen area.  Of these three cameras the SL
was by far the easiest to focus at f/9.5, using the fine microprism area.
No contest.  I have one SL with the plain matte screen and the results are
the same: the microprism screen is by far the easiest.
--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento