Subject: [Leica] B&W Film Scanning and the Epson 2450
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Dec 20 07:40:44 2005

Possible Newton's Rings solution:

Back in the dark ages of making color separations, I used a glass
carrier on 35mm negs. To prevent the rings, I kept a squeeze bottle
(like they put catsup or mustard in at the burger stand) half filled
with corn starch. Shake it lightly and give it a light puff upward
toward the transparency. The corn starch was never visible, but gave
enough stand off from the glass to prevent the rings.

This was printing through 100-line screens, so I'm not sure that the
technique would work well for scanning. Might be worth a shot.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies

Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] B&W Film Scanning and the Epson 2450)
Message from clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] B&W Film Scanning and the Epson 2450)