Subject: [Leica] B&W Film Scanning and the Epson 2450
From: dfeingold at hotmail.com (david feingold)
Date: Mon Dec 19 20:30:27 2005

I have an Epson 2450. My experience with scanning is basically limited to
that scanner. Here are my questions:

     Can anyone here can tell me what has worked best with that scanner and
B&W (silver film).

     Is it okay to use Twain? I can't seem to link my Silverfast to that
scanner having tried to load it
     unsuccessfully on several occasions. I scan through Twain and edit in
PS Elements.

     I find scanning at higher resolution than 1600 takes a really long
time. Is this normal.

     Slide scans don't come close to the real thing...any surprise there?

Some of my results are pretty good. Suggestions greatly appreciated.... I
will look for an upgrade pretty soon but not ready to throw this one in with
the towel yet.

Thanks in advance.
David

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] B&W Film Scanning and the Epson 2450)