Subject: [Leica] Re: Lagavulin supplies (WAS: OT: What about England)
From: jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu Dec 15 18:54:56 2005

Mark,
The standard is what we have been used to all these years, the
Distillers is finished in  Pedro Ximinez casks and the 12 y.o. is far
stronger and a little rawer in taste. They are different enough from
each other. I love Lagvulin, so I usually keep all three at home...BTW,
I get the 16 y.o. at Indian airports duty free at US$45 or so, and at
Heathrow at GBP 33 for the 700ml bottles. The last bottle of the
Distillers edition  that I bought was at Paris duty free, and if I
remember right, it cost me 60 euros...If you like peaty stuff try
Adberg, as good as Lagvullin and in my opinion streets ahead of
Laphroig. The Adberg 10 y.o. is inexpensive and really very good.
Cheers
Jayanand Govindaraj
Chennai, India