Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"
From: pwerner at bluewin.ch (pwerner@bluewin.ch)
Date: Tue Dec 6 10:59:26 2005

>How many of us still OWN a slide rule?
>How many of us still USE a slide rule?

The current Breitling pilot watches (Navitimer, etc.) incorporate a circular
slide ruler. It is very practical for instance when travelling and converting
currencies. You just look at your watch, where you have turned the slide
rule to  point to the exchange rate and you can immediately read the amount
in foreign currency. Much faster than a pocket calculator.