Subject: [Leica] IIIf focus question - Help
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 5 15:16:41 2005

Daniel Ridings  offered"
Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf focus question - Help

> Not that I really know ...
> > With the camera facing you, identify the left round window of the
> > rangefinder.
> > Cut out a piece of colored plastic and cover that window.
> > See if it helps. It might create a little more contrast that you need
> to see the two images.<<<

Mark ( who has no trouble focusing his M7 )

Hi Mark,
As Daniel has offered about cutting a small piece of plastic to fit the
rangefinder window. I have the Leica manufactured very small attachment on
the round window and it's orange. And works extremely well.

So if at all possible I'd look for a piece of gel plastic used for hot
lights or a filter of similar colour about a filter "G" colour. You might
even be able to find a photo store that still carries plastic gel filters
and you could cut it very easily to fit.

But without question it works beautifully for focusing.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4