Subject: [Leica] IIIf focus question - Help
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Mon Dec 5 13:15:49 2005

> > I just acquired a Leica IIIf that seems to be in very good condition,
> > BUT, when I try to focus it is very hard to see the second image
> > so that I can bring the two into alinement.
<snip>

Sounds like the prism silver may have deteriorated (2nd image).  Has the
body been CLAed recently?  Sometimes the internal surfaces of the RF will
get dirty over time and the 2nd image can be restored by a simple but
thorough internal cleaning.  I suspect, however, that it may need a
resilvering of the prism which can be done but it's not cheap.  Screwmount
RFs are subject to this problem.

JB

Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] IIIf focus question - Help)