Subject: [Leica] Is the Angenieux 70-210 zoom for Leica R any good?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Nov 29 19:10:11 2005

On 11/29/05 4:22 AM, "Vick Ko" <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> typed:

> Hello all R Zoom shooters,
>
> Is the Angenieux 70-210 zoom for Leica R any good?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vick Ko

http://www.angenieux.com/pages/index_frame.php?page=501.php
I have the same hushed reverence for a THALES ANGENIEUX zoom (as I've
studied 16mm Bolex film making) as I do for a Schneider Super Angulon or
Zeiss Planar or Leica Summicron. I worship the ground they stand on and
follow them blindly and unquestionably over the ledge  with a big smile on
my Lemming face.

I've heard and seen the build quality to be sometimes plasticy laughable.
But the glass inside to be smooth and creamy delicious second to none.
Almost.

And you're looking at vintage stuff because in a long while they make stuff
for everything and everyone except somebody shooting normal photographs with
cameras. Now its Surveillance, defense military. HDTV. video cameras. 35mm
movie cameras. Super 16,  medical
The largest, most comprehensive, state-of-the-art UPMC (Ultra Precision
Machining Components) facility. (for aspherics)
And super duper coatings.

French Glass!
Love the sound of that!

Mark Rabiner