Subject: [Leica] Playing around with Elmar re: Mark Rabiner
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Nov 29 19:06:53 2005

On 11/29/05 6:24 PM, "Scott Gregory" <s_gregory1@mac.com> typed:

> Mark: when you mention going to the 2400 Epson, if you have not done so
> yet,
> pick up the December issue of Shutterbug and read the review by David
> Brooks.
> He has tested a lot of the newer Epson printers lately in Shutterbug and I
> found the article very encouraging. In fact he has a dedicated Epson
> printer
> for B&W and he says that the 2400 outshines for black and white.
> New life for you Leica images in B&W?? Go for it!
>
> Scott

Well I'm going into reading it, and thanks for the tip, with the idea that
the three Epson grays going against the carbon quads of so many colors. All
grays, all carbon do not anything close to an even match make. Despite a
difference in resolution. But will certainly buy it and read it.

I'm getting the new 2400 and am not going to sell my trusty 2200 which I've
learned to love. Or the 4800 even if that's the right number.

I'm putting my 2200 to work and I'm betting it will be a contender.
I've got one word for you son:
Carbon.
And its not part of the new Epson Inkset.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/