Subject: [Leica] San Francisco LHSA meeting photos
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Tue Nov 22 18:37:22 2005

Actually, I love shooting BW. And that's with whatever emulsion is
available. Just the other day, we finally had the signing ceremony
for our 30 year lease with the city of Los Angeles for the culture
center where I keep my BW darkroom.
On the way to the hill top carrying my own digital, I noticed 3-4 of
my friends lugging their chip boxes.  So, I said--If you're all
shooting digital, I'm going back to my car to get the Rollei out.
Which I did, and used TXP 320, 3 rolls, with the 4th roll being TMY 400.
So, yeah, if I'm not pressed for time, and most of all, if it's
personal, it's always BW for me.
On the other hand, why I'm so disparaging of sub standard film is
because of all the problems with them. Such as low resolution, poor
contrast, grain clumping, erratic quality control, and the like. Even
found a small bug squished against the paper backing of a roll of 120
once.
The following print series, shot in 1982, doesn't go beyond 8x8
inches, because of Arista's poor quality:

http://sdimitrovphoto.com/projects_folio03_02.htm
http://sdimitrovphoto.com/projects_folio03_07.htm

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,