Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"
From: dcm at pobox.com (David C. Mason)
Date: Tue Dec 6 09:43:47 2005

For the life of me, I will never understand the 'obsolete' arguments
regarding technology. It seems to me you are buying into the
marketer's vision by thinking this way. I will use the same example I
used three other times on this list, my Nikon D100 is still as good a
camera as it was when I bought it almost 4 years ago. The picture
quality has not degraded simply because other camera's "megapixel"
count has increased. My lenses have not turned to dust, in fact I even
have the original memory card I bought when I got the camera. It still
stores photos!

The desire to buy the latest feature does not obsolete existing features.

You cannot compare computers to cameras with any seriousness.
Computers are designed to run software and software needs change from
time to time. Sometimes when you buy new software it requires the
latest and greatest from the hardware side of the business. We simply
don't use cameras the same way. Tell me the last time you "changed"
software on your camera. If you did "change" your camera I guarantee
you that you did not load software from someone other than the
manufacturer of that camera and I also guarantee you that it was
designed specifically for your model of camera. Odds are though that
you have never changed that software and never will.

Dave