Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Dec 6 10:24:51 2005

Speaking of slide rules, which of course, we were not really doing...

MIT has the old K+E collection of slide rules.  I wonder if BD or someone
else knows if they are available on display?

Apparently there are some really weird ones.....

I found the article in my father's copy of the MIT Alumni journal.
Apparently the "curator" thought that the really large, around 6 foot, slide
rule for teaching was really rare....  She looked around 30 years old.

How many of us in our 50's or 40's were put through slide rule learning
using one of these old timers?
How many of us still remember how to use a slide rule?
How many of us still OWN a slide rule?
How many of us still USE a slide rule?

Old Timers........Youngsters....... and Slide rules....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

 Yes I know that there are a handful of so-called
"classic" computer collectors, like slide rule collectors.

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M")
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M")
Reply from pwerner at bluewin.ch (pwerner@bluewin.ch) ([Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M")
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Slide Rules [was Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"])