Subject: [Leica] RE: Digital FIBER Prints
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 12 02:56:00 2005

In a message dated 11/12/2005 3:39:17 A.M. Central Standard Time,
mark@rabinergroup.com writes:

In my college darkroom there was a big ferrotype drum thing  constantly
revolving in the darkroom lobby with that pre ferrotype solution  right next
to it and a squeegee glass with squeegee..<snip>  I  remember all this
amazing.

Amazing.  I had tucked that same memory away with details not  needed
anymore, but like a flash, I could smell it all over again.  The  reason we
kept the
ferrotype drum going all the time is to keep at  temperature.

If you loaded the prints on to dryer too soon, they'd glue themselves
firmly
to the drum, and by the time they had made the ride three times, be  baked
the color of a chocolate chip cookie.

Then you'd have to print them again, wash them again, and probably miss
getting them on the bus to Alexandria to the engraver and then your football

picture would not get in the school paper.

Which was all solved with offset printing presses and your choice of  glossy
and flat RC papers, a scandal that probably led to digital  photography.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana