Subject: [Leica] RE: Digital FIBER Prints
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 12 16:05:20 2005

In a message dated 11/12/2005 5:33:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
mark@rabinergroup.com writes:

Yes  they'll never know the camaraderie of gathering around a warm toasty
dryer  drum toasting prints like marshmallows. Telling Dryer drum  stories.

Like Red Hennigan shouting, "Don't try to pry that print off the  drum,
you'll scratch the surface!"  just let it bake, it'll fall off in a  couple
rpm's!"
   (yeah, brown and white, and worse if it was not  washed good enough.)

I think we had some ferrotype polish that we had to apply once a year or
something like that.  The  machine always smelled like your Mom  ironing
stuff,
without the starch, of course.

My mother was a nurse, and there always was starch around.  No spray  cans,
Faultless boiled on the stove.  Then she would put it in the fridge  to
cool.
Her uniforms, Dad's Uniforms, (he was Air Force) My uniforms,  (Boy Scout)
they always were freshly starched and ironed.  I wrote an  article about
that in
my college newspaper.  I called it, "They Stand  Alone."  Anyhow, Dryer
drums
and irons smell much the same.  Also need  to be warmed up.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
?galit?, libert?,  crawfish

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] RE: Digital FIBER Prints)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] RE: Digital FIBER Prints)