Subject: [Leica] Leica Hires Ad Agency
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Nov 1 13:50:32 2005

I think so too.
This is the kind of German mindset brandspeak I have to translate from
G2E to earn my daily bread.
Works out at about 1 eurocent per character, so the more they waffle the
more I get.
20% creativity and 80% smokescreen - the less the client understands the
more he's prepared to pay.
Instead of real English it becomes competence (which has nothing to do
with competence as we knew it up to now)touchpoints, positioning,
locating, perception, added-values,expectations and awareness.
Branding is the big word! whether it's promotions at POS (that's another
- Point Of Sale, used to be a check-out or cash desk)
or the fantastic new "this, that or the other" which has to be planted
in the subconcious of the poor unprotected customer.
The writing was on the wall when delivery services started calling
themselves Logistics, and it didn't stop there.
What surprises me is that they're still talking about clients, customers
and the, reasonably harmless, target groups and not victims.
Douglas
G2E Translation Correction Adaptation
Hannover
Germany