Subject: [Leica] Re: Difficult Story To Shoot - OT
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Oct 23 10:58:43 2005

First off, unless one served and lost friends in Vietnam, or lost family
members there, why would one conceivably want to waste time going to see the
traveling Vietnam Memorial Lite? Go to the real Wall? Of course, and to the
Lincoln Memorial, and Arlington National Cemetery and to the rest of the
monuments in D.C.

Second - more than six times as many GIs have been killed in Iraq to date as
died in Vietnam between 1961 and the end of 1964; I suspect Emanuel's got it
right. (And imagine what that death toll would be were it not for today's
body armor and vastly improved trauma care; were this 1968 many if not most
of today's amputees would be counted among the dead.)

Back to red dots. ;-)