Subject: [Leica] DMR Battery Life
From: reddawn at singnet.com.sg (David Teo)
Date: Sun Oct 9 06:41:10 2005

Hi

Digital SLR life has always been good compared to those of consumer
digital cameras. I had the first D30 when Canon first got into the DSLR
business (not in partnership with Kodak) and that could last at least
250 frames before it ran out of juice. With the optional battery grip
holding 2 of those small BP511s, I can go 500 or more without worry.

With my 20D, I can last 1000 frames per battery with very liberal use
of the LCD using the improved BP511A battery - still very small size,
with a highly portable charger. With 2 of these batteries in the
optional battery grip, I can go double of that, even when using an
externally mounted flash without any problem.

I'm not knocking the DMR but 250 frames per charge sounds like that of
a consumer digicam...

David Teo