Subject: [Leica] RE: Mecury Batteries, alternatives.
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Fri Oct 7 17:52:31 2005

If I may clarify my previous answer to this thread, I decided to use a
handheld Gossen Luna-Pro (w/ factory battery adapter) due to: the problem
ID'd by Doug; by the fact that I had to spend over $300 for C.R.I.S.
adapters due the # of cameras I have; and my worries that the adapters
wouldn't give me totally accurate results 100% of the time. My route is a
little slower but accurate and reliable.

Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:Keith Johnson wrote:

> C.R.I.S Camera has gizmos that accept silver oxide
> batteries and step the voltage down to what the
> original intended battery produced.

the adapter plus battery is too thick for the SL, and in some other cameras
the adapter limits the current so that the meter will not operate correctly.
Where it works it's a great solution, but it doesn't always work. I have one
for sale if anyone wants it (is it still Friday?).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com