Subject: [Leica] New Album - take a look
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Sep 28 10:30:46 2005

jhnichols@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Peter,
> Can you offer any explanation of the transmission in the Masserati 8CM?
> The selector shown in Photo 7 resembles one for an automatic transmission.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

It's just a four-speed column mounted shift, the fact that is linear rather
than
  a gate isn't, I think material. It may a preselector box though, many Tipo
8CM's, particularly Whitney Straight's, had extensive mods carried out.
Straight
did have a preselector fitted. BTW the gearbox was integrated into the final
drive.

I have this nagging feeling that someone (a commentator?) mentioned
pre-selectors in conjunction with this car, but can't be sure.

Peter Dzwig

Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (jhnichols@bellsouth.net) ([Leica] New Album - take a look)