Subject: [Leica] New Album - take a look
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Sep 28 03:30:48 2005

I took a number of shots of various wonderful examples of motor engineering
from
the 1930s - 1950s at the Goodwood Revival, which I have put up as a new
album.

I take these because of the engineering,and the atmosphere. I hope that you
like
the, even if cars aren't to your taste. These are more to do with the
simplicity
of the engineering. they aren't "car pics".

Take a look, I hope you enjoy them.

Peter Dzwig

The World Landspeed Record car "Babs" crashed at Pendine Sands in Wales in
the
late 20s killing its driver Parry Thomas on his third attempt at the LSR
after
chain drive failure caused the car to crash. He had previously reached
172.331
mph. Babs was burried in the sand and was only resurrected and rebuilt a few
years ago.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/BabsEngineGoodwood2005

Engine of a replica Bugatti made using largely original parts:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/BugattireplicaengineGoodwood2005

A post-war engined Bentley reconstruction made largely of original parts:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/BentleypseudorepGoodwood2005

All the following are originals:

1953 Cooper Bristol Mk2:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/Cooper_Bristol_mk2V2

1937 Maserati 6CM:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/Maserati6CM

1934 Maserati 8CM in bits:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/Maserati_8CM_engine_without_Superchargers

The cockpit of the same car:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/Masserati8CMcockpit

Maserati A6 GCM. This is possibly my favourite out of this group. I like the
smoothness and overall quality of rendition of the blacks:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/Maserati_A6GCM

and finally, this was taken at the Festival of Speed earlier in the summer,
but
remains a favourite:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album277/Darracq1905200BHPV8

The gallery is at: