Subject: [Leica] Zorki and J-8 Industar 61 as "car camera"
From: clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni)
Date: Mon Sep 26 06:54:33 2005

On Sep 26, 2005, at 12:05 AM, Peter Klein wrote:

snips
> Don, you make a good point about the Kiev.  But I would have to see
> the viewfinder before I could tell if it will work for me.  I remember
> once looking through a Contax with glasses--if I recall correctly, I
> had the same problem as with the Zorki.
>
> Does anybody in Seattle have a Kiev I could look through to confirm
> this?

Let me save you the trouble - the Kiev's finder is, IMHO, tinier and
squintier than the Barnack cameras'.  And the eyepiece has a nice
knurling around it, which is superbly made to scratch the bejeebers out
of your eyeglasses :)

If you can live with a 50mm, try a Retina IIIC - the finder is decent
sized, the eyepiece is plastic, and I can see the 50mm framelines fine
with my glasses...

CZ
NC