Subject: [Leica] B&W printing with MIS UT2 inks
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Sep 20 00:39:12 2005

I know a number of you are looking for B&W printers. The HP 8570 and the
Epson R2400 seem to be the way to go, if you have the money to buy new ones
(~$500 and ~$850 respectively). For up to 8x10, if you can find a
discontinued HP 7960, that's probably the best bet.

I have a 7960 but I want to make larger size prints. However, I don't want
to spend that much money on a new 8570 or R2400. Since I have an old Epson
1280, I figure I would give the MIS UT2 inkset a try. The result is quite
nice. It's very easy to use, and the tones on the matt paper are even
better than the 7960. Supposedly it can even make warmer/cooler toned
prints easily. I would definitely recommend this setup if you already have
an Epson printer that can take the inks.

Happy printing.

use richard at imagecraft.com)