Subject: [Leica] WHAT TO TAKE? ;-)
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sun Sep 18 09:44:16 2005

When I went to France this summer, I took the D70 (three lenses) and the M6
(two lenses).  Since it was only my wife and me plus the fact that we rented
a car for five days and had only essential luggage, I didn't take the
laptop.  I did have two 2GB CF cards and that more than covered me with the
digital.  I ended up shooting over 30 rolls of color and B/W and paid an
average of seven dollars a roll (including the CD).  For me, the biggest
advantage to the digital is cost savings...you can see that I have paid over
$200 for processing since returning.  I thought about taking the laptop but
with the 2GB cards (and this being a vacation), I was fine.  Went to St
Remy, Cannes, Avignon, Carcassonne, Nimes, Orange, Narbonne, and a Roman
archeological site called Glanum.

I still love the M6, though.  Just got it back from Sherry (CLA and
frameline repair), and I still get the old sense of excitement holding it as
I did five years ago when I bought it.

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA