Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: The "Other" IIIc
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Tue Sep 13 06:24:43 2005

I tend to prefer the earlier Retinas, particularly the IIa (Type 016)
which has an advance lever on top where God intended them to be.
Also, I find that the idea of auxiliary lenses goes against the
folder's basic advantage, which is compactness.  To tack on bulky and
relatively slow aux. lenses to the Retina is pointless -- you are
better off with a true interchangable lens rangefinder.  But for 50mm
work, the IIa can't be beat in terms of bang for the buck.

Mark