Subject: [Leica] OT: The "Other" IIIc
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Sep 12 15:21:07 2005

At 10:43 AM 9/12/05 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>Oh, I know there isn't anything wrong with film and digital cohabiting. I'm
>going to play with it on the T for a while and see how it does.  BTW, it
>wasn't until after I got it home and ended up on Karen's website that I
>discovered that there are auxiliary wide angle and tele lenses for it
>lurking out there in flea market land. ;-)

BD

It's a little more complicated than that!

First, there are two different systems, those with Schneider lenses (mainly
sold in the US, I believe) and those with Rodenstock lenses.  The lenses
are not interchangeable.

Second, there are two 35mm lenses, an f/5.6 lens and a later f/4 lens,
along with the 4/80 lens.  And there are two variants of hte normal 50mm
lens, f/2 and f/2.8.

Third, the Retina IIc is identical to the IIIc save that it lacks the
Selenium lightmeter.

Fourt, these were system cameras and there are all sorts of doo-dads
available to flesh out their utility.  These include a close-up kit and a
stereo rig and viewer.

The Retinas are really great cameras and are a delight to use.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505