Subject: [Leica] telescopes??
From: cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran)
Date: Sun Sep 11 18:55:46 2005

Hi Eric. It all depends on what he is intending to use the scope for
and, very important, his budget.

Also if he plans to take it for trips in search of dark skies or he has
a backyard with good dark sky conditions.
For observation or for photography? For deep space or planetary?

Schmidt-Cassegrains are good all-around scopes. For observation of deep
sky objects, a good Dobsonian would sufice.
For planetary observation, including the moon, a nice Refractor.

My advice is to get the latest Sky & Telescope magazine. there he will
find lots of information.

http://skyandtelescope.com/

hope this helps a bit.

peace