Subject: [Leica] Katrina
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 1 16:48:08 2005

Alot of looters were looking for food.  I read in one piece a quote from
a 37 year old investment banker who said he looted for food.

As for the deeper lawlessness, violence, arson and stealing, a relatively
small number of folks can do quite alot of damage. The violent faction
of the underclass in our country, well, it's kind of hard to get a grip on.
Logistically, I've read that LE wouldn't arrest folks largely because there
was no place to put the criminals they might catch.

Somewhere between the mothers/fathers/children sweating it out (literally)
on the sidewalks and the gangs going crazy, there are alot of PO'd mostly
poorer citizens who feel abandoned and are losing it or close to.
Desperation.

Scott