Subject: [Leica] Composition - The Golden Section?
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Aug 27 15:26:14 2005

The golden section is embedded in almost every organic form existing. Also
in humans.
So very funnily, if you ask a human to divide a rectangle in two parts (that
aren't equal) by putting a line so that the rectangle looks "equilibrated",
almost unvariably everybody puts that line very close to the golden section.

In other words: if you put a person off center in a photo, and it doesn't
feel right, reframe until it feels right.

That's the golden section explained in a more comprehensible way.
Hope that this is simple enough for you ;-)