Subject: [Leica] My barber
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Wed Aug 24 06:57:58 2005

This is a very good portrait -- you have caught a great expression and the
tilt of his head gets across his attitude.
But not doing as well with Tri-X???   Tri-X (or Neopan 400) would have had
much smoother tones all across the gray scale, and a 50 Summicron, or a 75
Summicron,  at f2.8 and 1/100, the equivalent exposure to what you used,
would have produced beautifully crisp eyes and glasses, and a luscious out
of focus background.  And that annoying pattern of dark and light spots that
seems to be superimposed over the out of focus areas (is that noise?)
wouldn't be there.