Subject: [Leica] Canon Introduces 2 new digital SLR's
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Aug 23 19:54:34 2005

Feli,
To follow on your follow, lets not get caught up in the advertising
worlds biggest, fastest, newest, or easiest ploy.  Whether you
portrait lens is 100 or 105 doesn't make much difference.  Whether a
camera has 37ms or 40ms shutter lag doesn't matter either as long as
it is consistant and you can train your eye/hand to whatever it is.

I suspect that the resolution of the D2X will still be better as it
still has a smaller pixel pitch so theoretically will resolve down to
smaller details.  As long as the software can keep edge seperation
then you will still see finer details with a smaller pixel pitch.

For the intended market however, what will matter is color accuracy,
low noise, viewfinder, and apparent sharpness.  October will tell the
tale.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com