Subject: [Leica] Hand Held Light Meter?
From: summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Mon Aug 22 18:23:13 2005

This meter (Sekonic 308S Flashmate) also got pretty good reviews on a
recent thread at either Photo.net or the Leica customers' forum, I
can't remember which.  Anyway, lot's of folks recommended it for
incident use.

I always thought that I would want a Gossen Luna-Pro S for its
incredible low light measuring capability (-4 EV) for use with the
Noctilux.  However, it turns out that the Sekonic 308S, at -5 EV,
measures lower light than the Luna Pro S.  The Sekonic doesn't read
super-long exposure times like the Gossen, but it is also less than
half the cost.

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.