Subject: [Leica] Hand Held Light Meter?
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Mon Aug 22 10:46:37 2005

On 21/08/2005, at 20:19, feli wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2005, at 12:33 AM, Luis Miguel Casta?eda wrote:
>

>> The 308 is fine, small and incredibly light also, but it does not
>> have precisely a solid look & feel.
>
> I thought the same when I got mine a few years ago, but it has
> proven itself to be
> an incredibly rugged unit. I carry mine around every day. It's been
> dropped, rained on
> and just two weeks ago someone accidently set an equipment case on it.

I can say about the same of my sekonic auto-lumi 86. It was bought
(not by me)  in the early 70's only because it was the meter that the
nikonos underwater meter case was designed for, and has been in use
in and out the case since then. Looks like a plastic toy but almost
35 years after it's fine and dandy yet giving accurate readings from
their selenium cells.

Perhaps that toy-look is just a disguise. :)

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer) ([Leica] Hand Held Light Meter?)
Message from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] Hand Held Light Meter?)