Subject: [Leica] Kid Pix
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Aug 9 19:45:50 2005

This is quite a good portrait of children.  Like other posters, I
believe that I would either add a small curves adjustment to bring a
few of the hightlights closer to white, or dodge just a bit in the
eyes and the foreheads to bring the values up just a touch.

If you look at Weston's work and Salgado's there are delicate
highlights in the images.

But then again, I have been trying to find just where zone IX turns
into zone X as displayed on the web.  I think that there is a cultural
divide coming from those of us still using CRT's and almost everyone
else using LCD displays.  My feeling is that the greater brightness of
the LCD is changing what is acceptable in the electronic community.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com